Features & Accomplishments
- Developed the product from the concept stage to the first functional prototype. Our design was further developed into a large commercial success, earning substantial market share and resulting in an IPO.
- Created a novel method for using compressed air for drug delivery in a small, wearable device.
- Designed and engineered all aspects of the first functional prototype including the concepts, component selection, critical flow control methods for safety and efficacy, packaging/integration, electronics, sensors and fail safe mechanisms.
- Product features reusable and disposable sub-components requiring unique electronic and high pressure fluidic connections.
- Prototyped numerous small and precise components using our in-house precision machining and injection molding, enabling us to meet an aggressive schedule and cost target.
- Built test fixtures and methods to ensure design met all functionality and safety requirements.