Features & Accomplishments
- Developed a method to divide sample into 8 equal volumes. Building on the success, developed a method to divide sample into 64 equal volumes.
- Designed and prototyped fluidic channels that are 400 μm wide.
- Integrated injection molded components with multiple laminate structures in a unique design.
- Developed a heat seal method to assemble the laminate structures with the injection molded cartridge body.
- Developed unique valve that is actuated within the laminate structure using compressed air.
- Designed cartridge to accept mechanical inputs from an instrument in order to complete the assay.